Building an Android app isn't as hard as it might seem, as long as you focus on creating a simple app at first. Android Authority shares a tutorial that covers the 10 main things you have to do to develop your first app.
Although it's presented as a 10-day program that takes you from idea to Play Store publishing, if you don't have any coding background, you'll probably need more time than a couple of hours for each of ten days. Learning the basics of Java alone could take days or weeks.
Still, this is a good outline with linked resources to get you started. The ten steps:
- Ideation (coming up with your app concept)
- Drawing a wireframe
- Choosing your IDE and setting it up
- Learning the basics of Java
- Creating or acquiring your images
- Building the layout
- Writing the code
- Implementing more advanced functionality
- Adding some extra polish
- Publishing your app
Check out the guide below to get started.