Whenever we discuss tips and tricks to lose weight, we mention strict diet and regular exercise as a must to cut those extra fats. This puts every one off as nobody wants to sweat it out the hard way to get a toned body. All of us want easy remedies or shortcuts to get fit.
So, is it possible to lose weight sans exercise and diet? Yes, is it, if you follow the below mentioned tips and tricks.
1. Chew your food thoroughly: Chewing your food thoroughly makes you eat more slowly. This is directly connected with decreased food intake. Moreover, a recent study has said fast eaters are more likely to gain weight compared to slow eaters. In order to eating slowly, try to count how many times you chew each bite.
2. Avoid stress and sleep well: Sleep and stress affect our appetite and weight. Lack of sleep may disrupt the appetite-regulating hormones leptin and ghrelin. When you are stressed out, hormone cortisol secretes more. Such hormone disruption can increase your hunger and craving for high calorie food, so sleep well and avoid stress.
3. Use small plates to eat junk food: If you use smaller plates, you might eat less. So, use them while eating junk food so that you consume less. On other hand, you might eat more in a bigger plate, so eat raw vegetables and fruits in them.
4. Drink water more often: Drinking water can help you eat less and lose weight, especially if you drink it before meal. Try to drink half a liter of water, about half an hour before meal to reduce the intensity of hunger.
5. Include plenty of protein in your meal: If you include more of protein in your diet, it can make you feel full. It reduces hunger and helps you eat less. So, include more protein-rich foods such as chicken, fish, Greek yogurt, lentils, quinoa and almonds in your diet.
6. Consume more of fiber rich food: Eating fiber-rich foods may increase satiety and won't make you feel hungry. Viscous fiber forms a gel when it comes in contact with water. This gel increases the time it takes to absorb nutrients and slows down the emptying of the stomach.
7. Keep unhealthy food out of sight: Keeping unhealthy foods where you can see them more often may increase hunger and cravings, causing you to eat more. This is linked to weight gain, so keep them out of sight. On the other hand, keep healthy foods where you can see them all the time, so that you can eat healthy food.