George Washington, the first President of the United States, rightly said, "It is better to be alone than in bad company." There is no doubt that people around you, their habits and behavior influence your activities a lot.
In fact, it is human tendency to get attracted to bad habits instead of good one, so it is important to keep track of people around you. To help you out, five warning signs are shared below that tell you are in a bad company.
1. They have lied to you on many occasions: If someone had lied to you on many occasions, you are with the wrong person as he or she has already broken your trust. You won't be able to respect the person irrespective of the love and bond you shared earlier. Such lies are not goof for any relationships. Never give such liars a second chance to create ruckus in your life again.
2. People who remind you about your past: Some people judge you on the basis of your past and hold you responsible for whatever happened long ago. Even if you realize your mistake and want to move ahead, they won't let you do that. Thinking about that past is a sheer waste of energy and serves no purpose in creating a better future, so avoid their company at all cost.
3. People who try to redefine your dreams: What you want to achieve in life depends on what you choose to do with your time and energy. What you are capable of doing is not a function of what other people assume is good for you. Nobody has the right to redefine your dreams and abilities and if someone does that, avoid him forever.
4. You feel trapped and suffocated: If you are in the company of good people they will never make you feel trapped or restrict your movements. In fact, there won't be any kind of restrictions on you and you will be free to do whatever you want to. But, if you are not living a life as per your own wish due to a few persons, it's time to find the strength to kick them out of your life.
5. People who expect you to be someone you are not: Be with people or in the company of friends who love the way you are, and not as they wish to think you are. You should be in the company of such people who love and respect you truly. But if a person wants you to be someone you are not, it is high time you call it quit.
Weka Maoni Yako Hapa