POSTERMASTER GENERAL - 1 POST
Date Published: 2016-09-23
Application Deadline: 2016-10-13
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with the Board, the PMG shall have following major duties and responsibilities:
• Create a culture within the Tanzania Posts Corporation that supports the achievement of strategic and operational objectives by ensuring rigor in the recruitment, selection, individual development and the monitoring of executive team members and other senior management personnel, thus ensuring the Company maintains a strong succession plan
• Provide leadership and vision for the Corporation and promote the Corporation’s goal of profitability and growth in a sustainable and responsible manner
• Develop an awareness of global trends in the Tanzania Posts Corporation’s core lines of operations so as to manage rapid technological developments
• Promote an environment of customer focus and outstanding customer service so as to respond to the demands of increasingly service oriented markets
Corporate Social Responsibility & Integrity
• Develop and maintain a corporate culture that promotes integrity and ethical values throughout the organization, fostering a culture of ethical business conduct
• Promote and protect the Corporation’s reputation in its markets and with all customers, communities, and government and regulatory bodies
Strategy, Risks and Budget
• Develop and oversee the execution of, and monitor progress of, the Strategic and Business Plan and the annual operating and capital budgets
• Identify, and develop plans to manage, the principal risks with respect to the Corporation and its businesses
Governance & Policies
• Oversee the development and implementation of, and compliance with, key corporate policies, including policies regarding corporate governance, social responsibility, postage stamps, risk management and financial reporting, as well as compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements
• Work in close collaboration with the Board Chair to determine the scheduling of, and agendas for, meetings of the Board and of Committees of the Board so as to ensure that the Board is kept apprised in a timely manner of the business operations and main issues facing the Tanzania Posts Corporation and to ensure there is an effective relationship between management and the members of the Board
• Approve commitments within the limits of delegated approval authorities from the Board and provide general supervision and management of the day-to-day business and affairs of the Corporation
• Serve as the Corporation’s chief spokesperson to its principal stakeholders including its shareholders, the financial community, customers, government and regulatory bodies and the public generally
• Carry out any other appropriate duties and responsibilities assigned by the Board.
• The PMG will act as a direct liaison between the Board and management of the Corporation and communicates to the Board on behalf of management. The PMG also communicates on behalf of the TPC to shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders and the public.
• Responsible for determining the strategic direction of the corporation and ensuring that the Corporation is profitable.
• Supervise the operations of the postal service including the daily business of all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Develop, review, implement and refinement of the Corporation’s business strategy, and execution of that strategy to obtain a leading position in the postal marketplace;
• Ensure the Corporation is appropriately organized and staffed and will have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy;
• Ensure that expenditures of the Corporation are within the authorized annual budget of the Corporation;
• Assess the principal risks of the Corporation and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed;
• Ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place;
• Develop strategic partnerships and ensure that overall revenue and profit goals are achieved and shareholder value is delivered;
• Ensure that the Corporation has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically;
• Ensure that the Corporation maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business;
• Be the chief steward of the Corporation, ensuring the company is well positioned in the public marketplace., and building relationships and credibility with outside stakeholders to provide necessary resources to fund operations of the postal services in Tanzania;
• Provide high-level strategic and tactical leadership to the Board and the management team;
• Motivate a high performance, innovative and results-driven organization;
• Develop performance measurements and ensure these metrics are achieved.
• Keep abreast of all material undertakings and activities of the Corporation and all material external factors affecting the Corporation and to ensure that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the PMG and management of the Corporation are adequately informed;
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Undergraduate degree in any field of study,
• Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or management
• The candidate must have worked for at least 15 years, out of which at least 5 years in senior level management position.
• The candidate must have a track record of running a successful business, or transforming a business or have been part of the management.
• Successful candidates must have competencies in areas of Business Strategy, Customer Service, Commercial, people management and leadership.
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale Competitive salary scale according
Login to Apply